Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Teeth Pulling

March 21-25 I (Sandy) had the privilege of assisting International Dentist Ministries on a trip to the village of Cajapucara. It was a great honor to be God's hands and mouth during this time.  Pulling teeth is not my favorite thing to do (I didn't actually touch anyone; I was the Spanish/English translator), but the fact that we provided relief to many infected and hurting mouths made it worth it.  I lost count, but I believe it was over 200 teeth during the week. 
Praying for one brave teenage girl who stayed in the chair for over an hour
while both dentists pulled several difficult teeth. 

We are also doing preventative work, teaching oral hygiene to the school children.  Our hope is to pull less and less teeth each year as we give people the proper education and see families making their health a priority.
Our faithful Quechua/Spanish translator doing a teeth brushing demonstration while people wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment